Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 2--Headed North

We left Sterling after church and headed north to Nebraska. We saw Chimney Rock, Jailhouse Rock, and Courthouse Rock. We did not get to Scottsbluff, but saw the bluffs that gave the area its name.
Dock putting Lil Dock on top of the Rock!




We got to Chadron with daylight enough to see where we were going. For those of you who know me, that is quite an accomplishment. When we would go camping, I realized we did not know how to put the tent up in the daylight because we always set it up in the dark!! When we travel I always pack our swimsuits but never get to the hotel in time to swim!

On this trip I thought we could take the time to see "Hysterical" markers and local sites, but that is so not me! Why do I think it sounds like fun when I should know I will not stop!  I told myself that we would get out every 3 hours or so to walk around, even thought we could find cemeteries to walk in (that way we would not bother anyone), but NO that is not me! I have been getting gas when the car is 1/2 full, and if I let Dock have soda we have to potty stop too! So that is every 3 hours or so, that should count.

In Chadron I tried to get salad bar, but they only had that with the lunch buffet, so Dock had chicken strips and I had chicken dinner. Wow, the chicken was really good. We both had leftovers. We had a table in the hotel room so I could type easier, easier than tonight where I keep sliding down in the bed with the laptop on my lap top!

No comments:

Post a Comment