Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 4--Not really lost, but no definite destination!

Now to the 2nd part of the "B"-- breakfast! I am a bit of a picky eater, so this could have been a tricky part of the stay. We went to the main house and had breakfast outside on their patio. The host, Larry, ate with us. He is in a wheelchair following some back problems in 2000. They started the B & B in 1997, and he did all the yard work, so that is a big burden on her now to do all the yard work.

But I digress, we started breakfast with fruit. She served diced fresh peaches with a cream cheesy sort of topping that was really good. It was decorated with some fresh mint and a little viola flower. I did not want to explain why I eat slow, I just said that I did. The daughter told me the main dish as we were coming into the yard, so I asked her to remove the tomato from mine. It was an english muffin, bacon, then poached egg covered in home made Bearnaise sauce with some chive garnish. Dock's had a slice of tomato on top of the bacon. It was pretty good, just a shade sweeter than I expected. I could have had another bowl of the peaches and been happy.


After breakfast we had to see the gift shop. I bought me a t-shirt, Dock a hat, a book, an Indian music CD, and a mug from the B & B. I told the ladies at work I was going to add to my mug collection and this was the first one I saw that I wanted. IF there had been one showing the Mammoth bones, I would have gotten one there.

So we headed south to Nebraska and then east toward Iowa. We were on 2 lane roads, with very little road construction. My gas mileage was 27 mpg, not bad! Dock kept asking where we were going and I could only say "East". I did get a little confused and was thinking I needed to be into Estherville Wed, early in the day, but I don't have to be in until Thursday morning. I want to be there before Rhonda leaves for MN and I need to do laundry and get my "land-legs" back. 

Today, we traveled too late, had a little trouble deciding on a hotel, got KFC to eat in the room and I am wishing the car was closer so I could go get another water!  We crossed into Central time zone around 2 pm. I am not a good provider for Dock, we ate breakfast around 9:30 am, I got him a burger around 3, and dinner at 9 pm.

The room we choose at the B&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment