Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 5 Still moving east!

We spent the night in Sioux City IA, just over the border from NE. We slept in, then when we left the motel I was a bit directionally confused and it took us a bit to get headed right. Actually, I kept thinking we needed to go to a store, but it was the wrong direction and I couldn't think WHY I needed to go....so we headed on!
We travel slow, really, really slow according to my cousin Becki! We stopped in LaMars where Blue Bunny ice cream was started by the Wells family. We took a couple pictures there and along the way. We stopped at Ocheydan and saw the highest point in Iowa. Then we stopped at Arnold's Park to get some Lake Okoboji t-shirts. When we go on Saturday I wanted to sit and enjoy, not be hunting for shirts.
We got to Estherville around 4 pm, then went back to the lake area for dinner with Rhonda. It is pretty cool weather here, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment